About the kit:
Early in the pandemic, I participated in Sue Spargo's 90-Day Instagram stitch-a-day challenge. Having no previous embroidery knowledge, I thought I would try out one or two designs just for fun, and see what I could learn using my hand-dyed embroidery thread. However, it was so addictive I ended up doing over 30 of them. The patterns from her challenge are now available in a printed booklet, and I'm excited to offer you the chance to try it out for yourself!
This kit uses hand-dyed Tencel™ yarn and naturally-dyed wool from my studiomate, Jean Haley Dye + Design.
I designed this kit to allow you to try out a smaller version of the Circle Sampler for yourself! Included is an undyed background wool rectangle, three colored wool pieces for cutting out circles, and a wooden circle template. A sewing kit includes a hand sewing needle and sewing thread for attaching your circles to the background fabric. The kit also includes two high-quality milliners needles that are approrpriate in size for the Tencel™ (I found the milliners were the most versatile, and could be used for all types of stitches included in the pattern booklet).
Kit is designed to be paired with the following books (sold separately):
- Sue Spargo's Toned-Down Circle Sampler Pattern Booklet. Explore the possibilities of the various stitches presented in the Creative Stitching book with this guide.
- To follow along with the Circle Sampler Pattern Booklet, you will need a copy of the book Creative Stitching 2nd Edition.
Included in all kits:
- Naturally dyed wool by Jean Haley Dye + Design
- Enough wool to create a small version of Sue Spargo's Circle Sampler Pattern
- Wood circle template to trace circles
- 2 Milliners needles for embroidery
- Sewing thread and a small hand sewing needle for attaching medallions to the background
- Matchbook-style needle keeper
- 6 skeins of hand-dyed Tencel™ embroidery thread
OTHER KIT COLOR OPTIONS AVAILABLE: